A Forever Family In The Making

This blog started out as journey through infertility blog. On March 24, 2008 it became a journey through adoption blog. We are looking forward to having you walk this this journey with us!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Friday, February 19, 2010

Update

What are crazy couple of months for us. Let's look back shall we...

Halloween - Got the call about a birthmom in Texas due in December
November - Was matched with BM in Texas and drove out to meet her
December - Drove to Texas for birth of the baby and came home empty handed when she decided during labor to parent
January - Best friend offered to be a surrogate and use donor embryos
February - Had trouble finding the perfect embryos. Fertility dr then thought that it was worth a shot to try IVF and have a biological baby and have me carry. Set to start meds on 2/22 with a tentative retrieval of March 15.
February 17th- Got a call from the birthmom from Texas saying that she couldn't take care of him anymore and wanted us to take him. Spoke with agency and they said they would call her the next morning
February 18th- Got call from agency saying that they spoke with her and she was planning on signing on Friday morning.

That brings us to today... I got word that she signed at 8:00PST this morning. The signing of her rights is forever, and she does not have a grace period to change her mind. Nick is working a half day as I get us packed, and we are heading out to Texas to get him. He will go into Cradle Care until we get there. This is a family that takes children in at times like this until the new parents can get there to pick them up.

We are hoping to get to Texas either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning, and take custody on Sunday. We have to wait for court clearance from both Texas and California before we are allowed to return home. We are hoping it goes through quickly but it could take a week possibly. We wish we could come home immediately but at least we'll have our son with us.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers

Our SON is coming HOME!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Holy Moly! I'm a lurker for the most part, but I had to comment and say congratulations! I was expecting to check in and see an update on your IVF cycle. What an amazing turn of events. I'll be thinking of you meeting your son this weekend.

February 19, 2010 12:21 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Oh goodness...may your roller coaster ride be over soon!
Drive safe...

February 19, 2010 12:21 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

oh my goodness! im so excited for you both!!

are you still planning on going threw with the IVF?

February 19, 2010 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations!

February 19, 2010 12:54 PM  
Blogger Raquel said...

Wow!! I'm so excited and happy for you guys!!!

February 19, 2010 2:06 PM  
Blogger A and J said...

I had to read this twice...completely unbelievable!!!! Sweet congrats to you and your new family. :) Safe travels.

Andrea (former ff group member)

February 19, 2010 2:20 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I am new to reading your blog, but I wanted to say congratulations! I can not wait to see your next post and hopefully photos of your son!

Like Monica asked...does this change your IVF plans?

February 19, 2010 2:35 PM  
Blogger Prabha said...

yayy!!! absolutely thrilled for you. What a fab ending to your story. Eager to hear from you once you get to meet your son. Congrats Momma!

February 19, 2010 6:45 PM  
Blogger Believeitwillhappen said...

What a great surprise,I was also anticipating an IVF update. Your post brought tears to my eyes! Congrats Mom & Dad!!!

February 20, 2010 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog a while back (actually the weekend your son was born) and have been checking in on you. Coincidentally, I am in the same city as him. I wish you safe travels and Congratulations on your new addition!

February 20, 2010 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home