A Forever Family In The Making

This blog started out as journey through infertility blog. On March 24, 2008 it became a journey through adoption blog. We are looking forward to having you walk this this journey with us!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Monday, November 16, 2009

A little bump, but not worried

Things are going amazing with our BM. A little tough at times on her end but she amazes me more and more every day. DH did not get to talk to her yesterday as she is really sick and has pretty much lost her voice, so she is scheduled to call tonight or tomorrow night depending on how she is feeling.
Her and I talk several times a day through text messages and the occasional phone call. She asked if she could write a letter to the baby and us, and we could read it to him when we were ready. Of course!!! She's also asked what we are naming him, so she could just put that on the birth cert.
Yesterday we were talking through texts and she told me she had something important to talk to me about. She said she was gonna eat and then call me later. She called about an hour later. Winds up that her drug using mom told her that she found a family for her to give the baby to. BM put her foot down (which sounds like a rare occurance) and told her Mom that SHE had chosen a family (us) and that her mom has no say and BM is the Mom and her mom has been in and out of her life since she was little. This is her choice and only her choice. I guess Mom got pissed and told BM she is on her own. She had already kicked her out of the house, so that's nothing new, but she's now refusing to take her to the doctors. I'm working with the agency to get her assistance to make it to appointments.
I felt really comfortable through the whole conversation and never felt that there was a chance on us losing the baby, as she was really proud of herself and told us repeatedly that we have nothing to worry about. We were texting more later and I told her to focus on getting healthy and the baby, and she told us to continue being excited about our son, and that she is so happy to see us this weekend and then again at delivery about 2 weeks after that.
I hope that I'm not gonna be blindsided, but I have faith that we won't.

And happy birthday to my wonderful DH!! Last childless birthday!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger nursetinkheather said...

Your faith is awesome, Jeny! Lots of prayers for you and Nick that you have your little boy very soon! <3

November 17, 2009 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home