I just got a call from Dr. Selinger who just had a 45 minute conversation with Dr. Nachtigall. They decided that surgery will happen sometime next week. I should know by Tuesday what day. They want to have it done in San Rafael instead of Santa Rosa. The plan is to remove the cyst, remove any remaining endo, flush my tubes to make sure they are clear and do ovarian drilling.
Here is what I found online about what Ovarian Drilling is
Nick and I are going to Tahoe this weekend with some friends of ours. That will be fun to get out of the house. We will be back on Sunday. I will be bringing pain meds with me incase I need them.
Here is what I found online about what Ovarian Drilling is
Ovarian drilling, done during laparoscopy, is a procedure in which a laser fibre or electrosurgical needle punctures the ovary 4 to 10 times. This treatment results in a dramatic lowering of male hormones within days and is often performed in women who have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Studies have shown that up to 80 percent of patients will benefit from such treatment. Many women who fail to ovulate with clomiphene or Metformin therapy will respond when these medications are reintroduced to the system after ovarian drilling. Side effects are rare, but may result in adhesion formation or ovarian failure if there are complications during the procedure.
Nick and I are going to Tahoe this weekend with some friends of ours. That will be fun to get out of the house. We will be back on Sunday. I will be bringing pain meds with me incase I need them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home