A Forever Family In The Making

This blog started out as journey through infertility blog. On March 24, 2008 it became a journey through adoption blog. We are looking forward to having you walk this this journey with us!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baseline Ultra Sound

I went yesterday for my CD3 baseline u/s where they do a vaginal ultra sound to make sure that all is "quiet" and that I don't have any cysts or polyps. They said that everything looked beautiful and nice and quiet and ready to go.

We did have a little snag though and for some reason Kaiser was showing our insurance as inactive, but since I had driven 2 hours to get there and needed to know if things were ok, I called Nick and we decided to pay the $510 to have the u/s.

I explained the situation to the ob/gyn who was doing the u/s and prescription order, and she said that it is really no big deal since I am on the Lupron and we are manipulating what my ovaries do. She ordered the prescriptions so that when we get things fixed with insurance, I can go and pick up the meds (in SF unfortuantly) and get started on them.

The plan for now is to continue on 20 units of Lupron until I get the meds. After that, here is the plan
5 days of the following
1 vial Menopur
diluted with 20 units Lupron
2 mg Estodiol
on the 6th day we will go in for an u/s to see how many follicles I have and how big they are, and the meds will be adjusted from there.

I will update as soon as things get fixed and get going again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home