We had our appointment with Dr. Nachtigall today. He said that I need to try to lose weight. What?! You think I haven't tried?! Anyway...we talked about ways for me to try to lose weight, got past that and moved on.
He said that we could move on to injections if we really want to, but they are really strong and he thought I should be a little more recovered from surgery before we move on.
I mentioned a drug called Femara that I had heard of on Fertility Friend. It is a drug that is really used for breast cancer, but is used also as an experimental drug for infertility. Many women I have talked to say that they were resistant to Clomid, and ovulated and even got pregnant on Femara. He said that it is a drug that may really work for me, but he prefers to use one in the same family called Anastrozle. I will be taking 2mg on CD2-6 and then going in on CD14 for an ultrasound and if it shows a strong follicle, I will be taking what is called an HSG shot. It is a shot that makes the egg release. We will then be going in for an IUI. They take Nick's sperm sample and "wash" it so all that is left is the good sperm, and inseminate me directly into the uterus.
I am so excited!!!
He said that we could move on to injections if we really want to, but they are really strong and he thought I should be a little more recovered from surgery before we move on.
I mentioned a drug called Femara that I had heard of on Fertility Friend. It is a drug that is really used for breast cancer, but is used also as an experimental drug for infertility. Many women I have talked to say that they were resistant to Clomid, and ovulated and even got pregnant on Femara. He said that it is a drug that may really work for me, but he prefers to use one in the same family called Anastrozle. I will be taking 2mg on CD2-6 and then going in on CD14 for an ultrasound and if it shows a strong follicle, I will be taking what is called an HSG shot. It is a shot that makes the egg release. We will then be going in for an IUI. They take Nick's sperm sample and "wash" it so all that is left is the good sperm, and inseminate me directly into the uterus.
I am so excited!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home