The appointment with Dr. Heinlein was both good and bad. The good news is we talked about what would be done during the surgery
remove cyst
flush tubes to make sure they are clear
remove any new and remaining adhesions from the endo
ovarian drilling
removal of right ovary if it is too badly damaged to be saved
possibly remove appendix
The bad news is that he is having trouble finding a time for the surgery. He is going to call other surgeons to see if they have any free OR time that he can use, but it may not be for another 2 weeks or more. He will call me when he can find a day and time to do it.
I will also have to do a bowel prep by drinking clear liquids for 24 hours before the surgery and drinking this stuff that basically cleans me out so if something happens to my intestine during surgery I don't get an infection from the fecal matter. Fun huh?!
He sent me home with more pain medication, but not a lot so hopefully they get me in for surgery before I run out.
remove cyst
flush tubes to make sure they are clear
remove any new and remaining adhesions from the endo
ovarian drilling
removal of right ovary if it is too badly damaged to be saved
possibly remove appendix
The bad news is that he is having trouble finding a time for the surgery. He is going to call other surgeons to see if they have any free OR time that he can use, but it may not be for another 2 weeks or more. He will call me when he can find a day and time to do it.
I will also have to do a bowel prep by drinking clear liquids for 24 hours before the surgery and drinking this stuff that basically cleans me out so if something happens to my intestine during surgery I don't get an infection from the fecal matter. Fun huh?!
He sent me home with more pain medication, but not a lot so hopefully they get me in for surgery before I run out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home