A Forever Family In The Making

This blog started out as journey through infertility blog. On March 24, 2008 it became a journey through adoption blog. We are looking forward to having you walk this this journey with us!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's official...

...I have fibromyalgia (FM) I think all and all I just knew that I had it and just needed a doctor to get to the heart of the problem. It will take time for Nick and I both to learn to cope with it, and to just take this journey together is medicine enough for me.

If you have an hour (LOL), here is a list of symptoms that I have experienced over the past 2 years. Some are ones that I have every-so-often and others are ones that are always here. Enjoy!!

• Chronic fatigue
• Decreased energy
• Feeling of always having the flu
• Sore throat
• Shortness of breath, with little exertion
• Frequent sighing
• Chronic sinusitis
• Recurrent cough
• Frequent changes between feeling hot and cold
• Generally low body temp (usually around 97.6)
• Dry eyes and mouth
• Always thirsty
• Symptoms seem to get worse with temp changes and stress
• Headaches (mainly migraine type)
• Facial pressure
• Eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my head
• Baseball bat to the back of the head pain
• Feeling like head will explode
• Muscle pain
• Muscle twitching
• Muscle weakness
• Burning feeling in muscles
• Stiffness upon waking and when in one position too long
• Joint pain
• Occasional chest pain
• Feeling like I always need to urinate, but not always producing
• Lack of ovulation
• Endometriosis (surgically removed 11/06)
• Bad menstrual cramps
• Long periods
• Decreased sex drive
• Frequent stomach pains with no known cause
• Nausea with occasional vomiting
• Constipation alternating with diarrhea
• Bloating
• Gas
• Some days starving, other days no appetite
• Carb cravings
• Dental problems
• Light-headed
• Brain fog
• Vertigo
• Numbness and tingling from waist down
• Ringing in the ears
• Sensitivity to noise
• Tend to trip over my own feet, run into things frequently
• Drop things
• Days where all I wanna do is sleep
• Unrefreshing sleep, trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep
• Often ready for a nap around 2 hours after waking
• Occasional nightmares
• Unable to concentrate
• Hard to pay attention
• Hard to follow a conversation or a task with background noise
• Lose train of thought in the middle of a sentence
• Forgetting why I came into a room
• Depression
• Irritability/overreaction
• Feel helpless and/or hopeless
• Unpredictable mood swings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home