This past Saturday (November 11) I started having the severe pain in my right side again. I decided to wait until Sunday to see if it got better. It did not, so Mom came to get me after church (as Nick was at work) and take me to the ER. Nick met us there after he got off work. I had told them about the previous finding so they had an OB/GYN doctor come in to see me. He did an ultra-sound and siad it looked like the cyst was gone, but he wanted to get a machine that he is used to using, and just confirm. He got his machine, and started the ultra-sound. There is was clear as day. He decided it was best to have me admitted to the hospital and to get me in line for surgery to remove the cyst. Mom went home at this time. We were thinking it would not be until about 9 the next morning. Well, the decided that the staff was there, and there was room so they were going to do the surgey at 10 that night.
I got wheeled down to the OR recovery area to get the anesthesia and to get ready for the surgery. Nick was able to be by my side this whole time. They had an emergency C-Section so I got bumped. The surgery began at about 11:30. The surgery took about 45 minutes or so, and then I had to recover from the anesthesia, which I didn't do to well on. I had laprasocpy, so they went in through by belly button and another little incision below my belly button. They then brought me to my room, where we had one of those fold out chair beds for Nick to sleep on. All I remember them saying is "We were able to save your ovary, and removed the cyst." They were not sure if they would have been able to save the ovary.
The doctor came in the next morning at 8 to talk to me about the surgery. He said everything went really well. They showed us pictures that they had taken of my left ovary, and then the right ovary with the cyst. It looked like a grapefruit. The thing was huge, but really it was only like 4 cm. They removed the cyst, which was actually a chocolate cyst, which means it was full of old blood. They also found out that I have endometriosis. I was discharged at about 10 Monday morning, and Nick broought me home. I am to follow up in 2 weeks with my regalr ob/gyn to talk about the course of action to treat this.
I got wheeled down to the OR recovery area to get the anesthesia and to get ready for the surgery. Nick was able to be by my side this whole time. They had an emergency C-Section so I got bumped. The surgery began at about 11:30. The surgery took about 45 minutes or so, and then I had to recover from the anesthesia, which I didn't do to well on. I had laprasocpy, so they went in through by belly button and another little incision below my belly button. They then brought me to my room, where we had one of those fold out chair beds for Nick to sleep on. All I remember them saying is "We were able to save your ovary, and removed the cyst." They were not sure if they would have been able to save the ovary.
The doctor came in the next morning at 8 to talk to me about the surgery. He said everything went really well. They showed us pictures that they had taken of my left ovary, and then the right ovary with the cyst. It looked like a grapefruit. The thing was huge, but really it was only like 4 cm. They removed the cyst, which was actually a chocolate cyst, which means it was full of old blood. They also found out that I have endometriosis. I was discharged at about 10 Monday morning, and Nick broought me home. I am to follow up in 2 weeks with my regalr ob/gyn to talk about the course of action to treat this.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home