A Forever Family In The Making

This blog started out as journey through infertility blog. On March 24, 2008 it became a journey through adoption blog. We are looking forward to having you walk this this journey with us!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Sunday, October 29, 2006

So, I went to my regular doctor last Monday because I was all stuffy and had some chest pain. He ran an EKG, and did an X-Ray and figured out I have this thing called Costocondritis. It is basically an inflammation in the cartilage in my chest. He asked if I have been using my inhalers, and of course my answer was "Well, no." I didn't think this was asthma which is what the inhalers were prescribed for initially. You also always hear don't take a med without asking your doctor first. His response was "Does your chest hurt to breathe?" "Yes" "As your doctor I am telling you, anytime you have chest pain, use your inhaler. If not better in 24 hours or gets worse, been seen."

So... enough about that...sort of... he prescribed me a cough syrup, and Flonase for my sinus infection. Tuesday morning I started throwing up. Sometimes it was a little; some times it was a lot!!! I sent him an email and he said keep an eye on it for 2 days and let him know how I was. I told him after that 2 days that I was still vomiting, and he said to change up my meds and only take them when I felt I needed them, and see how that works.

Yesterday after a rather long and violent episode, I sent him and email. This morning (Sunday) I got an email from him, and he said he is in Urgent Care today (45 minutes away) and has squeezed me in, as he is worried as it has been almost a week of vomiting. So, that is where I am off to this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home