Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Today I go for my cycle day (CD) 3 blood work. The blood work (b/w) I am having done is the following:
Glucose – Random
Blood Group, Rh: Blood type
Rubella
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Mid-range normal in most labs is about 1.7. A high level of TSH combined with a low or normal T4 level generally indicates hypothyroidism, which can have an effect on fertility.
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH): FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.
Estradiol (E2): Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.
Prolactin: Increased prolactin levels can interfere with ovulation. They may also indicate further testing (MRI) should be done to check for a pituitary tumor. Some women with PCOS also have hyperprolactinemia.
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEAS): An elevated DHEAS level may be improved through use of dexamethasone, prednisone, or insulin-sensiting medications.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH): A normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.
I have also learned that I may be taking my Clomid wrong. I have been taking my multiple pill doses spread out through the day. I found out that most people take them all at one time. I will do that this cycle. I am also taking a 150mg dose.
I booked my follicle scan with Dr. Selinger for July 26th. This will be CD11.
I also booked 2 consultations with the reproductive endocrinologist (RE) at SF for August 2 and August 10. The 2nd appointment is just for if Nick and I don’t decide on anything at the 1st consultation.
Today I go for my cycle day (CD) 3 blood work. The blood work (b/w) I am having done is the following:
Glucose – Random
Blood Group, Rh: Blood type
Rubella
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Mid-range normal in most labs is about 1.7. A high level of TSH combined with a low or normal T4 level generally indicates hypothyroidism, which can have an effect on fertility.
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH): FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.
Estradiol (E2): Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.
Prolactin: Increased prolactin levels can interfere with ovulation. They may also indicate further testing (MRI) should be done to check for a pituitary tumor. Some women with PCOS also have hyperprolactinemia.
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEAS): An elevated DHEAS level may be improved through use of dexamethasone, prednisone, or insulin-sensiting medications.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH): A normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.
I have also learned that I may be taking my Clomid wrong. I have been taking my multiple pill doses spread out through the day. I found out that most people take them all at one time. I will do that this cycle. I am also taking a 150mg dose.
I booked my follicle scan with Dr. Selinger for July 26th. This will be CD11.
I also booked 2 consultations with the reproductive endocrinologist (RE) at SF for August 2 and August 10. The 2nd appointment is just for if Nick and I don’t decide on anything at the 1st consultation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home