Last Homestudy Meeting done
Just wanted to give you all a little update on us, and where we are on the
adoption process.
As you remember, we had our 1st homestudy appointment on November 3rd.
Well, we had our last appointment last night!! We are officially done with
our homestudy meetings. After the last of our paperwork gets sent in, (i.e
medical forms and references) then our caseworker will write up the rest
of our report.
She did say last night though, that she does not see a reason that we can
not get started on the Birthmother Outreach Program, which is the program
that will help us get connected with potential birthmothers!! We do not
need to wait for the actual approval, as we have pretty much gotten the
verbal approval!
Our nursery is looking so homey, especially because I (Jeny) and my mom
can't help but buy cute unisex things (like clothes) when ever we see
them. I am not good with the self-control. LOL I can't wait until we are
matched and know the sex of the baby, so we can start bringing in gender
specific stuff.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we'll keep you updated as
we go. We would love to hear how everyone is doing.
For those of you that I know will ask... We could have a baby in our house
as early as the end of the year, or as late as a year or 2. Our "goal" is
to have a baby in our home by the end of 2009, but our baby will find us
when he or she is ready.
adoption process.
As you remember, we had our 1st homestudy appointment on November 3rd.
Well, we had our last appointment last night!! We are officially done with
our homestudy meetings. After the last of our paperwork gets sent in, (i.e
medical forms and references) then our caseworker will write up the rest
of our report.
She did say last night though, that she does not see a reason that we can
not get started on the Birthmother Outreach Program, which is the program
that will help us get connected with potential birthmothers!! We do not
need to wait for the actual approval, as we have pretty much gotten the
verbal approval!
Our nursery is looking so homey, especially because I (Jeny) and my mom
can't help but buy cute unisex things (like clothes) when ever we see
them. I am not good with the self-control. LOL I can't wait until we are
matched and know the sex of the baby, so we can start bringing in gender
specific stuff.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we'll keep you updated as
we go. We would love to hear how everyone is doing.
For those of you that I know will ask... We could have a baby in our house
as early as the end of the year, or as late as a year or 2. Our "goal" is
to have a baby in our home by the end of 2009, but our baby will find us
when he or she is ready.

2 Comments:
Congrats on getting your HS done so quickly Jeny. I hope your little one makes his/her way home to you soon :)
It seems like once you got the adoption "ball" rolling, you REALLY got rolling and are making quick progress. That's wonderful :)
Congrats! I hope your baby finds you sooner rather than later.
Hugs and Happy belated Thanksgiving ...
Post a Comment
<< Home